Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Too Many Goodbyes

Today we said goodbye to our 3rd college foster kid. Donnie stayed with us for a couple days before he left to go home to California for the summer. And the kids had a BLAST! They pestered him non-stop to play and he obliged. Jacob was his shadow. One morning he even sat outside the bathroom door while Donnie showered! 

Aaron took him to the bus station tonight. After I got the boys to bed, I found Anna sitting in the front room staring out the window. When I called her to bed, she turned around and started crying, "I can't wait 'til August to see Donnie and Amanda and Beth again!!!" I pointed out that their families probably missed them even more since they're gone from home for 9 months. I think it's safe to say our kids have fully accepted having these three college kids in our life! We will all miss them this summer!

No comments: