Sunday, June 23, 2013

Busy Summer

Alright John & Toby....here are some pictures of your cousins!! :)
Things could not be any busier this month! My brother Jeremy and his family are moving to Sterling!! I've been busy helping where I can as they try to move in a few loads at a time, while still working (Jeremy) and starting a new job (Alisha). This week Kaedyn and Bryce have been staying with us. In the evenings I try to make it over and help Alisha paint. They bought the oldest house in Sterling, which has been a bed & breakfast for many years. It has wonderful charm, but it's also covered in Victorian style wallpaper! Most of which is not exactly their taste. :) All the kids think the huge house is a great play place-especially since it's mostly empty! 

Isaac found a super hero costume among some toys. He loves it. And I love how he posed for me! Such a silly boy!

Since the walls are all lath & plaster, they can't remove the wallpaper without having to put up Sheetrock. So they found some primer that is supposed to work over wallpaper. I actually don't mind painting and even more, it drives me crazy to leave a room almost finished...no matter how late it is! So I sent Alisha home to bed and I stayed one night to finish this room. I actually like the color of the primer, but the walls will not remain gray. I like the paint colors she picked out, too. Now, whether we get all the painting done before Saturday morning.......


Early this week, a big storm came through. Very high winds, lightening like I've never seen, and a downpour. So the kids and I spent the next day(s) picking up limbs and raking up little sticks. This load was from Jeremy's house-and that was just the "small" stuff! At our house, we didn't have any large branches, just some smaller ones and lots of twigs. Our neighbor had his trailer hooked up so he took our debris to the burn site for us. 

In the middle of cleanup it started to rain again. The kids decided to take a break and play on the rain!

He didn't want an umbrella...I think he regretted his decision after becoming totally soaked!


Last Friday, Rhys stayed with us. I got her to leave her hair fixed for just a little while! She looks like Pebbles, but she acts like Bam Bam!!! She is a beast! But she probably has to be, being the youngest of 4!!!

Brothers :)


Grandpa & Grandma came to visit and celebrated Anna's birthday early. They let her choose a place to eat. She chose Carriage Crossing! Their pie is to. die. for.  Really all their food is delectable. 


Special surprises from Grandpa & Grandma!


So there you have it John & Toby...I found some more ink! ;)

No comments: