Friday, July 12, 2019

Jam, Jam, and more Jam!

I've made more jam this summer than I ever have...and I don't even have a garden this year!
First I made strawberry jam with all the strawberries we picked at a local patch. It disappeared in a hurry!

Then our sweet friends invited us over to pick apricots from their laden tree. Because the apricots were so ripe, it was quick and easy to pit them. I used maple syrup to sweeten it. It's quickly disappearing, as well!

As we were leaving they said, "Hey, take some rhubarb! All the rain has made it grow like crazy!" So we picked a little rhubarb and I thought...I bet I can make jam out of this, too! So I found a recipe and loosely ;-) followed it to make Orange Rhubarb jam. Also delicious! Many mornings Anna will have toast with all 3 kinds of jam!

I definitely miss gardening, but it seems that we've been extra busy this summer (I'm not sure with what??), so it's been a little bit of a relief not to have to spend hours in the garden...even though that's one of my favorite therapies. Next year, hopefully, I'll be back in the garden!

No comments: