Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nine Years?!

I cannot believe it's been nine years since we got married. I'm not old enough for that, am I?!?
Time has gone by so quickly. So much has changed...mainly three little ones that call us "Mama" and "Daddy"! Life looks much different now than it did nine years ago when we said "I do", but it's a good different. There have been hard times, fun times, sad times, and happy times. I've learned a lot about being a wife, but I have so much farther to go. We've both grown and we both have growing still to do. I think I've heard that the first 10 years of marriage are the hardest...I would have to agree! Think of all the adjustments you have to make: learning to live with someone else (not as easy as it sounds!), starting a family (WOW what an adjustment! It's easy to lose sight of each other when you have the tremendous task of raising up little ones), job changes and moves, you name it--they're all major life adjustments. I remember being asked for our wedding video "Where do you see yourselves in 10 years?" I think the answer was vague and generic..."with a family, living in a nice house, enjoying life." Aaron might have even thrown in a white picket fence! :)
We were in Colorado the weekend before our anniversary, so we reserved Grandpa & Grandma's Babysitting Service and went out to celebrate. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was so nice to just be with each other, uninterrupted by little questions or needs or cries!







The raging River in Estes Park. We ate along the river on the patio. It was perfect weather and gorgeous scenery (both across the table from me and beyond).


















We saw an almost-full moon on the way back to the house.

















Nine years baby! Wow.














This about scared me outta my wits! Humdrum for native boy, but I'll never get used to seeing these huge beasts alongside the road!








Here's to many, many more years celebrating us, honey! I love you with all my heart.

No comments: