Monday, February 6, 2012

Random Words

It's been a long time since I've posted. Probably because my camera isn't working very well (good? I always forget which one to use). Well, that and the fact that I'm insanely busy. Such is life with little ones, right?
We are loving the new house. So much room!! We've had several football parties and the layout is perfect for having little ones around! They can play in the front room or Jacob's bedroom and be as loud as they want. It doesn't disturb the adults watching the game in the living room! We had a small Super Bowl party last night. My kitchen looked like a war zone, but it was fun to have a few friends over and hang out. I made Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond's hot wings and brownies. They were both excellent. While I was making them, I thought I'm either really confident or really stupid for making never-before-tried recipes for a crowd! Her recipes are excellent. Her cinnamon rolls are A.Mazing!
Isaac is walking...almost running...all over the place. His favorite is chasing Anna and Jacob around with a toy broom. His temperament is a mix of Anna's temper and Jacob's sensitivity. He gets pretty fired up if he doesn't get what he wants, but he also melts into a puddle of tears if you hurt his feelings. He will not say "mama" or "dada". Instead he says "Mahm" and "Dad". When he says my name, he sounds like he's from the Bronx! It's humorous. He says about 7 or 8 words, along with a lot of one syllable grunts when he's trying to get you to do something for him. He's started pulling on you if he wants you to go somewhere with him. He'll even kind of "pick up" now. And if I tell him to take a toy or something to someone else, he grins really big and takes off to find them!
Anna is playing catch-up with math since we ordered a new curriculum after Christmas. I went with Saxon and I decided to just start from the beginning and do several lessons a day. I think we'll probably pace school out through the summer, too. That gives us more leeway during the school year for breaks and also will help her not forget things over summer! She still loves homeschooling and has said she wants to keep doing it. We'll see where the Lord guides us on that.
Jacob's speech is improving so quickly. Actually, at his IEP meeting in October, he was way ahead of his goals! She wanted him at 40% accuracy and he was already at 60%!  She is mostly working with him on segmenting (syllables) and rhyming to get him ready for reading. He has taken off with it! He still loves all things John Deere. The other day he drew Uncle Terry's name out of the prayer pot and he prayed, "Fank You for Uncle Terry and fank you dat he has lots of John Deere stuff!" :)
The Biggest Loser competition between Aaron & I is a month underway. We set it up so that we're basically competing against ourselves-trying to meet the monthly goal we set for ourselves. So it's not seeing who lost the most, it's who meets their goal. So Aaron won January. Pffft. That man can think about losing weight and he does! Slow and steady wins the race, right?? I'm focusing on changing my lifetime of bad health habits! And I've noticed a big difference. When I eat something not-so-healthy (like at all these football parties we've been having!) I feel so icky! That's good...next step is for my mind to reject them! :) I love the Wii Active Fit workouts that I've been doing. Let me rephrase that...I don't love them, but I love how much they've helped me and how easy it to do them-I don't have to go anywhere, the kids can "do" them with me, I can do them any time!
We've been going to a different church. We really like it, but it's going to be a challenge to get involved since it's in Hutch. Satan loves making Sundays stressful and taking the focus off God! It's easy to do in our house on Sunday mornings!!
Okay, that's more than I have time to write. No proof reading...sorry! Kids are done eating their apples to find how many seeds they have. Back to school! (Sorry there are no pictures!)

No comments: