Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Summer Fun

Just some pictures from our low-key summer at home, for the most part. :)


 She LOVES sink baths!!


 Oh my goodness. This girl and her expressions!! And her "old man hair"! 




 Sending big sis off to camp for a week. They were lost for the first day!


 Lots of fun playing in the sprinklers. Not sure why the neighbor's sprinkler (which is IDENTICAL to ours!) is always more fun to play in, but that's where they always play!








 These two have such a special relationship already! Love it.




 Jacob LOVES piano (he can't wait to start lessons again next week!) and he's tried to teach Isaac how to play. 


 Anna's favorite find at the consignment sale! Ha!!


 Soul Sisters is what I call these two. I've never seen two girls this far apart in age get along so well. Their love of horses runs deep.


 Grace also loves the piano. And if she gets the chance, she will climb up on the keyboard!


 Grace was just doing a little reading up on oils the other day. No big deal. ;)


 Ohhhhh! I LOVE this face!! She makes it all the time now and it is adorable.


 I was working on organizing school stuff and all the kids seemed to be very happily occupied. Then I realized I was hearing a very loud sucking noise. I found Grace, who had somehow managed to get the lid off a marker, sucking on said uncapped marker. I took it away and said, "Grace! What did you do?!" This was the look I got! HA!! She had't marked on herself very much, surprisingly. I don't think she put two and two together and figured out she could make marks with it! She only had a couple marks on her, but the one above her lip was so funny.


 We had a movie and popcorn one afternoon and I gave Grace an empty bowl. Her expression...it's like she was saying, "Uhhh Mom? There's no popcorn in this bowl. That's a problem." She does love to eat popcorn (don't worry...I bit off the hard parts).


 Our foster daughter came back for a visit and was puppy-sitting for a friend...the kids were thrilled when she brought Nike over with her!! She was the calmest puppy I've ever seen! Grace was so fascinated with her. She would just "ohhhhhhh" and squeal. We had to keep them separated so poor Nike could have a nap. Grace found a ruler and tried to reach the puppy through the gate with it!! Such a stinker.


 Wedding #4 for the summer was around Kansas City so we got to stay at my aunt & uncle's new place. It was a fun, relaxing Sunday afternoon in their gorgeous back yard!!


 Now that Grace's 4 teeth are all in and she's not sick anymore, it was time to unspoiled her. :( She's very stubborn, but not as stubborn as Anna was! She cried for about 30 minutes and finally fell asleep cuddling her teddy bear. So sweet!


Enjoying a summertime snack on the front porch. Easier to clean the mess up outside than inside!



No comments: