Wednesday, June 26, 2019

17 Years

We celebrated our 17th anniversary this month. It's really hard to believe it's been that many years already! 

Look at us, so young and in love! ;-) 21 and 23, ready to take on the world together!

Look at us now...not quite as young but still in love! I can honestly say that I love him more deeply now than I did on the day I said "I do". 
God has used marriage to refine both of us, in many ways. Marriage will quickly show you just how selfish you actually are...yikes! Marriage will also pull you closer to the Savior (if you let Him).

I have been so blessed by this man for the last 17 years...
1. He is quick to apologize.

2. He is forever acting like a junior high boy...most of the time it makes me laugh...and now we're at the fun stage where he can make at least on of our kids die of embarrassment with his antics!

3. He loves me better than anyone else on earth could possible love me, especially when I am completely unlovable.

4. He works hard. Crazy hard. And he does it so I can stay home and raise our kids. He rarely complains about the long hours he often puts in. 

5. He is a man of integrity. Which has a lot to do with how many hours he often works.

6. He is such a good father to our brood. He has worked really hard to give each one of them special one-on-one time with him, even if it's just a game of checkers every evening. 

7. He listens (well, most of the time...) and he is almost always quick to do better (except for the dirty clothes on the floor.....haha!)

8. He has a one track mind. Sometimes that drives me CRAZY, but it's the reason he's such an amazing husband and father.

9. He loves the Lord and has really been striving to continually draw our family closer to the Lord.

10. He's hot. What can I say? ;-)

11. He makes me laugh and he lets me cry (but that still really bothers him!).

12. If he sets a goal, he's going to reach it. *see number 8*

13. He's a good friend. He's my best friend.

14. He compliments me every single day. Sometimes it's ridiculous (see number 2), but he makes me feel loved every single day.

15. He goes along with my hair-brained ideas. To my credit, they've always turned out great, but he's no longer surprised if he comes home from a weekend away and I've completely rearranged several rooms of the house...or torn out carpet...or painted. HA!! 

16. He's willing to jump in and help however he can with homeschooling the kids. Unless it's math...

17. He is the perfect match for me. It is so evident that God created him to be my husband. And I love growing old together (yes, we're getting old!), dreaming dreams, and working hard together.

Happy 17, baby! Here's to many, many more!





No comments: