Thursday, June 6, 2019

My Roses

I love flowers. Especially roses. And Peonies. And....ok, it would be quicker to just say I love flowers!


Grandma Mary's peony bush that she transplanted, first from her parents' farm to her farm, then from her farm to Ponderosa Trails. Peonies rival roses for heavenly scent!!






Anna picked out a new rose bush this year for my flower beds at home. She picked one for Ponderosa Trails, too, but it hasn't bloomed yet. We discovered it is very aptly named! Every morning, we're excited to see just what the roses will look like on this bush. They change color almost every day!

When it first started to bloom, they were this beautiful swirl of orange and pink.

Then they turned yellow with just a tinge of pink on the very outer petals.

Then they turn hot pink with just a tinge of yellow at the very center! So beautiful. And so fun to watch them change every day!


 My other rose bushes are blooming like crazy this year. I planted them several years ago. They're all just slightly different shades of a bright pinkish-red. I don't remember the name of these ones.




My yellow rose bush a sweet friend gave me several years ago for Mother's Day. It has smaller, wide open buds that start out a beautiful yellow and fade to almost white.

A dual colored mini rose bush mom gave me for Mother's Day this year. Sweet little pink and yellow flowers.

Flowers make me happy. Aaron says it's fairly cheap therapy, so he knows if we go in a store that has plants and flowers, it's very likely that we'll be leaving with some! 



No comments: