Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Anna Rose

*as an aside...since I cannot access my blog directly from our borrowed computer, I can't reply to comments. There aren't many, but I do read and appreciate them and wish I could respond!*

I realized that I haven't posted much about Anna for a while...posts or pictures! :( The main reason is that she's in school all day, so I don't get many pictures of her anymore. :(

Seriously, this girl has stretched me more than anything I imagined as a mother. She has the sweetest spirit and such a kind heart. But she is also a lot like her Mama...she has trouble with self-control, especially with her words. Being a lot alike can cause a lot of friction! I see my ugly sins in her actions and it brings me to my knees, begging for God's patience and wisdom and strength and grace. And what an awesome God He is to supply all of that for me!

We recently went through the book "Shepherding A Child's Heart" by Ted Trip with our small group. Great book. I think I could read it every month and get something new out of it every time. Anna is to the age now that she can understand the "heart issues" of her behaviors. I've been so blessed to see her respond to this new approach we're trying. A while back I was talking to her about her sin (disobeying and sassing, I'm sure) and how important it was to ask God to forgive us. She readily asked for my forgiveness but this time, she didn't want to pray and ask God for His (amazing how early Satan can use our pride!!). She wanted to know why it was so important. I used the illustration of sin building a wall between us and God and how every time we refuse to repent and ask for forgiveness, it adds a brick to that wall. As I was explaining, I didn't know how well she would understand. I was just praying she would get a little bit of it. But she got the whole thing. She right away bowed her head and prayed. And even weeks later, she remembered the example. What joy to see my daughter grasping spiritual truths!

And what joy to see her thrive in her role as big sister!!!

Every day, when she wakes up in the morning and when she gets home from school, she wants to play with Isaac. As you've seen in past pictures and videos...she's very good at it! And Jacob can't wait for her to get home-he's so bored without his best friend to play with all day!!!

Over the last half of Spring Break, we went to visit Bruce & Shirley. Since it wasn't their break, Anna got to visit school with Shirley (she teaches kindergarten). Poor girl was like a magnet for all the kids!! One girl even asked "Can I play with the little girl?" as if Anna was much younger! The kids just swarmed her and couldn't be quick enough to help her. I laughed the most at how so many would just reach out and stroke her hair! And there were definitely a couple of little boys that were starry-eyed over her. It was so funny. Anna was completely overwhelmed!! Within an hour or so, she found herself and was having a grand time playing with them.

Isaac adores his big sister!

It has already been quite a journey, being her Mama, for the last 5.5 years. There are days when I'm certain I'll be shipping her to Papa & Binga's house as soon as she's 13. There are days when I can't wait to see how she will change and grow. And every day, I can't believe how quickly time is passing me by and how quickly she is growing up.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be ready when you want to do the shipping! Oh so many things we can learn from these little ones, just as Jesus said right?!