Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dinner Cruise

Here are some more pictures from our dinner cruise. Worth every penny we spent on it (as Aaron said about 20 times while we were on it!).

 Our boat, called the Navatek I. Its unique design made for an incredibly smooth sail!


 We sailed from the historic Aloha Tower harbor. There were some pretty cool boats in the harbor.


 We were on the upper deck and had a window seat. This is looking out into the dining room.


 We had live Hawaiian entertainment. This man is incredibly talented!! I didn't know how to get the video function to work on my camera, so I didn't catch him on video. At one point, I heard a trumpet solo. When I looked up, I realized that it was him making the sound with his mouth! It was amazing.



 Another dinner cruise


 The famous Aloha Tower. Read the history behind it here.


 A real cruise ship practically dwarfs the Aloha Tower.



 Diamonhead


 We had a delicious 5 course dinner. First up was shrimp cocktail, then their signature "Navatek salad". That was followed by fresh lobster! Neither of us had ever had an entire lobster, but we eventually figured out how to get the tail cracked open and enjoyed the deliciousness :)


 Two years ago, I never would have ventured to try lobster! I'm glad I've changed my tastes because it is good! The next course was prime rib with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. To. Die. For.


And to end the meal, a decadent chocolate mousse cake. Mmmmm. I think what I liked the most about the set up of the cruise was that we could come and go as we pleased. If we wanted to go out on deck and take in the sights, we could and didn't have to worry about missing a course of the meal. They simply brought it out to us whenever we came back to our table. 
Every Friday night, they shoot off fireworks from Waikiki Beach. When we saw rain move in, we figured we wouldn't get to see them. But we hung out for a while and the rain quickly moved out and we got to see the fireworks. I have to say, Sterling's 4th of July show is definitely better! But it was fun to watch them from out on the ocean.

No comments: