Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Things He Says

It's been proven to me several times recently that Jacob just doesn't hear/understand/get most of what I "lecture" him about when he's in trouble. Case in point...


I found him standing on Anna's guitar. I made him sit in timeout and then talked to him about it. This is exactly what I said:

Jacob, you do NOT stand on the guitar. You need to take care of your toys. You don't stand on them or throw them. You take care of them so they don't break. If you can't take care of your toys, I'll have to take them away and then you won't have anything to play with.

Jacob's response was the required "Yes, Mama."

Here's the kicker...when I ask him,

Jacob, what did I just say?

His answer? Telling...

Not ta 'tand on da guitaw and play wif my big toe.

I'm sorry, WHAT?!

So I ask again. And he says again,

Not ta 'tand on da guitaw and play wif my big toe.

So I simplify my lecture.

Jacob, you may NOT stand on the guitar.

Yes, Mama.

Jacob, what did I just say?

Not ta 'tand on da guitaw and play wif my big toe.


Am I missing something here?!?


Same story from last week. I was telling the kids that when they play on the bed with Isaac, they have to be very careful because Isaac will crawl right off the bed. I can't remember Jacob's answer but it was nowhere near what I had said. BOYS!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe he was trying to play the guitar with his big toe instead of a pick or his fingers. Probably should try that without standing on it though.