Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Dining Set Makeover

Aaron's aunt and uncle gave us their dining set when they downsized. It is perfect for us...the table has 4 leaves, which makes it nice and long!! After we got the new floors put in, the honey oak finish on the table clashed terribly with the floors! So I dove head first into sanding it down and refinishing it. Wow...what a project!!!!! It was WAY more work than I expected, but it was 110% worth it! I was hoping to get the whole thing done in a couple weeks. Wasn't I the eternal optimist!! Sick kids and travel threw a kink in that plan. I lost track of how long it took but it was much longer than a couple weeks!

Isaac was a faithful sanding partner. Boy did it take a LOT of sanding!


He did such a great job on the leaves (and he helped me sand down the bookshelf, too).



 Finally got the table top sanded down enough for stain.


Ohhhh I LOVE it!! Exactly how I envisioned it.

Poly coats all on.


I really wanted to stain the seat dark like the tabletop, but that was beyond my talent AND patience level! So I painted them all white.



FINALLY finished, dried, and back in place. LOVE IT!!

 It's perfect for me and exactly how I wanted it!






No comments: