Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Jacob is 12!

My number 1 boy is TWELVE!! How is that possible?!  From the fattest baby I've ever seen with bright red hair (and then NO hair and then blonde hair)...to a tall string bean with the best smile ever...these 12 years have been an adventure!
Jacob, you are my quiet one...unless you're alone with someone and then you'll talk their ear off! You like to observe and think, always have. You have always loved things that move...but not just because you could move them...because you love to figure out HOW they move and why it works like it works. I have a picture in your scrapbook of you playing with Anna's doll stroller. As soon as she fell asleep on the floor, you crawled over and flipped that thing over just so you could spin the wheels and watch how they worked. 
You surprised us the day you were born almost 9lbs and with bright red hair, and you haven't stopped surprising us yet! You are musically talented...I love how you can listen to a song once or twice and then sit down at the piano and plunk out the tune. It's a challenge to you, especially if your sister thinks you can't do it! ;-)
 You can build just about anything with LEGOS and you love robotics and learning how things work. You can see things others can't...like how to fit different shapes together. Remember when Isaac and I could NOT figure out how on earth to get all the shapes to fit on one of his assignments? We worked at it for 10 minutes. You walked into the room and IMMEDIATELY put it all together. 
You have discovered a new love...exercise! You thoroughly enjoy working out at the wellness center with Dad. In fact, that is what your motivation is for getting your chores and schoolwork done on time is! Whatever works, right?! 
You still love farming. I don't think you'll probably every outgrow that love...
You are funny (and sometimes a bit too sarcastic), you have the patience of a saint...until you don't and then your red-head genes come blasting to the surface! ;-) 
Sometimes it's easy for me to forget you need my attention as much as the others because you're so quiet and undemanding. I know when you ask for a special movie night several days in a row that I haven't been spending enough time with you. 
Goodness I sure do love you Jacob Scott!! I'm so glad God made me your Mama!





This year you spent your actual birthday in Colorado at "Grandpa & Grandma Camp" and I think you had a blast!

 You got to take in a Rockies game.

 You even had birthday decorations and a special birthday breakfast!


And you saw some of God's most beautiful creation on your hikes.

But, you will always be my little chubby-cheeked, toe-headed boy! Love you so much buddy!



No comments: