Wednesday, September 14, 2011

On the Road Again

I've got that song stuck in my head for 2 reasons...we've been listening to Willie Nelson for 2+ hours and well, we're on the road again! Aaron had too much work to do to take today off, so we didn't leave until 6:30pm for Texas. Yep...Maverick's competition is this weekend!! Anna is super excited and thus, so is Jacob. He says "We goin' ta Texas?!?!" :)
So I had all day (aside from school) to pack and wouldn't ya know it, Isaac didn't cooperate. At all. Lovely. But I got all the laundry done, suitcases packed, food packed, and most importantly...boots packed! I'm sad that Anna's super cute teal green boots have run their course. It took a pulley system to get those cute things on her feet. BUT, she does have some super cute brown & pink ones now.
The kids played outside while I cleaned out the van. Isaac tried to eat every leaf and stick (yes, sticks) in site and had no problem army crawling down the SIDEWALK! So I finally put him in the driver's seat. He loved that. Jacob, of course, rode his tractor. He and Anna chased each other around.
So I bathed the kids before we left & put them in their jammies...in hopes that come dark they would all just fall asleep and stay that way for the rest of the trip (and after we get to the hotel of course!). I think God was having a good laugh. The first 2.5 hours were filled with at least one child screaming/crying. Fun times!! Anna had to bring her sleep mask (heaven help me when that child is a teenager!!) and then built a 'tent' over her so she could sleep. Jacob, of course, had to have one, too. Now, dare I say they're all sleeping!? 4 hours down, 2.5 to go. It's going to be an early morning tomorrow!
Aunt Cara, I hope these pics cheer you up and help you feel at least a little better!

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

No comments: