Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yummy new recipe

We had some friends over for supper tonight and I thought I'd try a new recipe I found (of all places) on the back of the "crispy rice" box. It was so good! And it's incredibly easy to make and doesn't take very long.

Chinese Chicken Bake
2 Tbs butter, melted
1/4 tsp onion powder (I didn't have any so I used garlic powder instead)
2 1/2 c. crispy rice cereal
8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
2 c. chopped cooked chicken or turkey (I used chicken)
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
1 1/4 c. chopped celery
2 Tbs. chopped green onion
4 1/2 tsp soy sauce

Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter and onion (or garlic) powder. Gradually add cereal, stirring until all pieces are evenly coated. Set aside. Combine remaining ingredients. Stir in 1 c. cereal mixture. Pour into ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1 1/2 c. cereal mixture. Bake 30 min. or until top is lightly browned. Makes 4-5 servings.

This fed 4 adults and 2 kids. So good!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the fair. Can't wait to see more pictures!