Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Gone Again

Man, we've spent a lot of time on the road this summer! It's well worth the time spent with family and friends, though. And we're getting ready to head out again tomorrow (well, technically today!). Aaron's annual half marathon with my uncle is this weekend in Colorado! We're looking forward to seeing lots of family and having fun. We're stopping off to see our "other" parents in NW Kansas on the way. It's county fair time and Anna LOVES the fair! :) I think Jacob will really like it this year, too. I better pack my running shoes, though. I have a feeling he's going to be all over the place!


Jacob gets thrown sky-high! He loves this game and it gives a pretty good arm workout, doesn't it Papa?? :)

A big ol' storm rolling in.
*I didn't edit these pics, so I might repost them when I do:)*

We're praising God for providing for us...Aaron is only unemployed until Monday :) It was a test in trusting and believing He would provide, that's for sure! Because honestly, the phrase "When it rains, it pours" has never been truer in our lives!! It's just been one thing after another for the last several months. One very small example: We were waiting to hear back about this job and I ran to the pharmacy to refill Anna's allergy medicine (evidently it's made of gold). I knew how much it was, so I just took that amount of cash with me. When our wonderful pharmacist rang it up, his eyes bulged and he gulped. He asked if we got reimbursed 80/20. I laughed and said that we had to first meet a deductible and THEN it was 50/50. And just to add insult to injury, the drug company hiked the price almost $10!!!!! Granted $10 isn't much, but when it's pouring, $10 feels like $100. I'm just thankful God has guided us down the path we're on right now (by using Mom & Dad and Dave Ramsey!) financially so that we can make it through these tough times.
Enough about that...I better hit the hay so I can get up before 9am tomorrow!


1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

You are right... when it rains it does pour. Or so it always seems. But God is so faithful to His children!

I hope you have/had fun on your latest adventure!

-Andrea