Monday, July 14, 2008

Finally the 4th

Fair warning: there are a LOT of pictures in this post!!! :) We were at my parents' for the 4th of July, along with my brother & his family. We had a lot of fun. We drove a few blocks and watched the fireworks--Anna wasn't scared of them this year, but Jacob didn't really like them. He finally fell asleep about 1/2 way through them. They were really good. There was also a carnival nearby for the weekend, so we went to that one afternoon. Anna had a lot of fun (so did her Daddy & uncle!). She rode a few rides, but of course as I get my camera out to take pictures, the batteries go dead!! And Jamie's camera batteries were dead too (what are the chances??). Luckily, we weren't far from the house and Dad had to go back to get a chair for Mom, so he brought back some batteries. Anna and Aaron went down one of those giant slides. Oh how I wish I had a camera for that one!!! They went pretty fast and Anna face was the look of sheer terror until they got to the bottom--then she grinned really big! ha. Aaron said he was afraid he wasn't going to stop when they got to the end-that's how fast they were going! After Anna was finished (there was also a playground there, so when she tired of the rides, her and Papa played), the big kids rode some rides. It's been so long since I've done that. It was fun!

She liked the sparklers best (who wouldn't?!)

Papa found her this cool light sword.

She said "I'm not gonna cwy, I'm jus gonna cober my eaws!"

Jacob, on the other hand, hated them. He was also stuffy from teething and tired, so I don't blame him for crying!!

"Ohhhhh! Ahhhhh! Dat one's spaaakly like my shoes!!" :) (she was wearing the sparkly red Dorothy shoes)





THE CARNIVAL :)

Daddy & Uncle Jamie playing.

She loved this ride b/c she could honk the horns!


Jacob finally crashed

And again. I think he fell asleep at lunch and supper on the same day. He was really tired.

He's discovered the fridge!!! He LOVES playing in it (and gets quite mad when you shut the door!)

Watching for Papa to get him...
SCREEEAAAAM!!!! He's coming!!!
Hahahahaha...gotcha! Oh my goodness, it was hilarious to watch this. Jacob loved it and would just squeal and jump and bounce when Papa would start after him. Too cute :)


Yum yum yum! Iowa sweet corn! Jacob loves it almost as much as Anna does!

Family portrait on the deck :)

And the following are what we TRIED to get of the 3 kids together. Jacob did NOT want to sit still! Anna was just a little mother trying to corral him and get Hudson to look at the camera :)



And when we got home at 10:45pm Sunday, Jacob was WIDE AWAKE...


And Anna was out cold...

I FINALLY got a new stove!!! Yippeeeeeee :)

1 comment:

Janet said...

Looks like it was a great time to me!!!

So thankful your mother was able to be a part of it.