Monday, July 14, 2008

Mom Update

Hallelujah! :):):):) And no, he isn't exaggerating about me. He wonders why I'm so jumpy....it's b/c he's been scaring me my whole life!!!


This was the second Sunday she was able to go to church and this is the 5th day she has been off the fluids and Zofran for nausea. Maybe this is the turn around for good turn! She is continuing to get stronger and doing more each day. Those grandkids will strengthen anybody!! It just feels really good to be able to go to work and not worry about her all the time. (Opps, we aren't supposed to worry) B-cell day after tomorrow. We will be traveling this weekend for somebody's 30th BD. I think our kids were starting high school when we were that age... (Trying to make him feel old)

It is hard to believe that I really don't have any bad news this round. So I will just tell a funny instead. As I noted last update, Jenni and the kids stayed here last week while Aaron went back home. We had planned on meeting him half way on Saturday. He wanted to surprise Jenni and just go ahead and drive up on Friday night. So we keep the secret. We "kept" her up late and was watching a movie about midnight and Aaron opens the back door from the garage. Jenni is sitting about 5 feet from the door and couldn't see who was coming in and you should have seen her eyes get to half dollar size and she looked at me as if to say, where's the gun??!!! But I will have to admit that she didn't jump as high as when she was in high school and I hid under her bed and grabbed her ankle as she was getting into bed. Never seen anyone jump that high with one foot before.
(The only other time I was equally scared was when he thought it'd be funny to put his hood up and come after me one night when I was walking home from Grandma's house. I think they heard my scream the next town over! Both times I just about passed out.) I have always wondered why she is so jumpy.

Just ME.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Umm, I would have definitely peed myself if someone had chased me or grabbed my ankle! That is great that your mom is doing better!

Janet said...

Ohhhhhh...when I've been scared like that, I become paranoid. Sure enough, if I was home alone, I'd be fearful that someone is under the bed....and it would grow from there. I'm really bad about that.

Tim scared me once by hiding in a laundry bad. So now I'm paranoid about laundry bags and Randall has to do all the laundry....ha....just kidding. But, it is a thought, hmmmmm....might need to be putting this to better use.

Eliana said...

yeah, that laundry bag thing really scared my mom. As she was walking by, instead of jumping out, I just started wiggling inside. And instead of yelling ¨boo!¨, I just made a weird groaning sound. And it scared her a lot more than I had imagined it would.

Jennifer said...

What is it with these Stinemetz men thinking it's funny to scare us?!?!? EVERY time I had a friend spend the night, Dad would come up and crack open the door to flip the light off. Of course, one of us would jump up to go turn it back on. Except he would leave his hand on the switch, so instead of the regular ol' light switch, there'd be a hairy hand!!! It's a wonder I ever had any friends over! ;) I think Dad regretted the whole hooded scare incident. I was only 10 or 12 I think. I'm bad about letting my mind run wild when I'm home alone (thanks Dad!)
Jaime, Dad's lucky he never had to clean up after me! ;)

Janet said...

Some of the worse times I've been scared were done completely unintentional. The intentional ones make good story telling later. :)

One time, Tim was simply coming up the stairway and I caught him out of the corner of my eye and of course, I screamed because it scared me.....I think I scared him too. I know I've scared Randall a few times with my screaming and he didn't know he was scaring me...ha. I'm sitting here laughing remembering some of those times.

But it isn't just having those incidents, I have to be careful what I watch on tv and what I read....that includes the news too. Sure enough, when I'm alone, those things come to my mind. See I really am paranoid. Why is it that Andy and Lucy never come to mind when your home alone....haha.

I'm so glad your mother is doing so much better. It is wonderful for the updates to be all good news.