Sunday, May 31, 2009

Tractors + Blanket = Happy Boy

Jacob needed a light weight blanket. The poor boy was being covered up every night with a pastel pink and yellow polka-dot blanket (which I believe is the one we had to buy to bring ANNA home in)! So while I was shopping yesterday, I looked for some cheap, light weight material. Of course, it needed to have some kind of wheels on it! The total cost of this little project was around $8. I just got a yard of each material.




The tractor material (I guess technically implement material since there are also combines!) is a very light weight fleece, then I picked up some yellow cotton for the backing. And some satin binding. I hate that stuff! It is impossible for me to keep it from pulling so by the time I get to the end it's all crooked. Makes me so mad! Not mad enough to rip it out and start again. Mostly because I know I can't keep it straight anyway!!! But I figure Jacob (and Anna--the same thing happened to her pillowcase) won't notice if the binding is crooked or not! :)




I call this his "gifted child" face. HA!! He really is excited about all the tractors (Terry, there ARE some green tractors...don't worry! hehe). Not excited enough to want to just jump right into bed, but oh well!


He says "EEEzzzzzzzzzzAH!" I can't believe he'll be 2 in just a few months. It's not possible!!! :(




No comments: