Saturday, June 27, 2009

Healing Hearts Ranch

I've posted before about my cousin's horse therapy ranch. And since I'm pretty sure most people that read this blog are family, I won't go into details about his place! :)
We recently got their update email. The Lord is working in so many broken lives through Scott and Amy. I am passionate about kids and horses, so I love hearing about their work! We live in an incredibly broken world. It seems to get more 'broken' as the hours go by. So many people, especially children, are hurting and lost and broken. And Healing Hearts Ranch is a safe haven for them and a place where they can learn to love and trust again. I can't say enough about the awesome things Scott and Amy are doing!
A group of ladies from church have started meeting on Friday mornings for "Prayer in the Park"...sort of a Bible study/prayer time focusing on praying for our families. We've been specifically looking for Scriptures to pray. I came across a verse in Philippians that I have started praying for Scott, Amy and the ranch. Maybe it only makes sense in my mind!
"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense til the day of Christ."
Philippians 1:9-10
I've worked with special needs kids before (minimal compared to what Scott deals with), but I know how much it can take out of you emotionally. Ups and downs, joy and frustrations...all to the extremes on both ends. I just pray that the Lord would renew their spirits every minute of the day, that He would cause their love to abound even more in knowledge and discernment as they deal with, teach, and love these kids and families.
I also want to ask all of you to hold Scott and Amy and the ranch up in prayer. You can go to the website for some specific needs they have there.

No comments: