Tuesday, June 2, 2009

They're Growing Up Too Fast!

My babies aren't babies anymore! :( Time just flies by so quickly.


For the last couple weeks, I've been putting Jacob on the potty chair before bath time. Until tonight, nothing has come of it (except some hilarious rounds of Patty Cake!). Tonight, I put him on the big potty with the little seat on top. That seemed to work better for him. Anyway, I went out to get something from the living room, and when I got back I saw the evidence of his accomplishment!! :) I ran (literally!) to get my camera (duh!) and...what else? Skittles! If you're worried about my child starving, just look at the last post! haha

Yea for Jacob! (You see the gap btw the little seat and the big one? Bad spot for a gap!!) I don't think he really knew what he did, but oh well. It's a start. Summer is a great time to potty train!

------------------------------------
This week is VBS at our church. I volunteered for the nursery. Turns out it was just Jacob and the other Anna and our neighbor girl! 3 hours in a very small nursery with three 2 year olds is WAY.TOO.LONG! So I asked the other mamas if they minded me keeping the little tykes at my house for the morning (our church is about 8 mi. outside of town). This morning went MUCH better than yesterday morning! The kids had lots more room to roam and lots more to distract them from missing their mommy! It was a rough start, but it got better quickly and we had lots of fun.


Jacob: Mom, are you serious? Aren't there any BOYS we can have over to play?!
Girls: Hehehe........


My girl is getting so big!!! She's going to VBS this week and is SO.EXCITED!!!!!!! She's having so much fun and just can't wait to go every morning. Last night at supper, she realized she would be going every day. She got so excited!
You mean I get to go EVERY SINGLE DAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
This pic is from her first day. Too soon I'll be taking her "first day of kindergarten" picture!




No comments: