Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pancakes!!

Jacob loves pancakes. I mean, he loooooves pancakes. Every morning, that's what he has for breakfast. I don't even remember when it started or how (why I had even fixed pancakes). He didn't use to like them. I know I'd tried getting him to eat them before and he didn't care for them. But one day that changed. So every week or so, I mix up a batch of pancakes.


I found a great, easy, yummy recipe online somewhere. I like them because they aren't super fluffy. I never can get the really fluffy pancakes done right--always a bit gooey in the middle still. And these keep great for a week (all the longer they last!) in the fridge.
1 c milk 1 c flour 1 egg
1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp baking powder
generous dose of vanilla :) I probably end up putting in 1-2 tsp--I really like vanilla.


The recipe makes probably 20 small/medium pancakes.



The other night I fixed breakfast for supper.



I'm pretty sure Jacob approved of the idea...



...because he ate FIVE pancakes before he started falling asleep. I think he would be okay if I made "breakfast for supper" a weekly theme!

No comments: