Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Anna: Tank you Jacob!
She was making me a birthday cake (even though my birthday is about 9 months away!)
My kids love being outside! From the time they were babies!!
If I can ever get the video to work...these 2 pics are a preview :)
Look at her cheeks!!!! I just had to laugh...over and over!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Jacob absolutely loves Dora. Has since he was old enough to watch cartoons. And Anna has plenty of Dora toys for him to enjoy. Here you can see just how much he enjoys Dora (it's not 'til the end--he's watching a story on a projector)...:)
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
This is how I felt today...maybe that's why Anna was making this face! I sure hope I can get more sleep tonight. She was actually playing, "getting" me when I snapped this.
After supper Jacob decided he wanted to walk back & forth between Daddy & me. He's starting to walk more and more. I think he's finally discovering that it's a little easier on his knees if he walks!! IT'S ABOUT TIME, BOY!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
The most recent movie we've gotten was Cars. Both of the kids love it (although I'm not thrilled with a couple parts). Now Anna zooms around on Jacob's tractor and says "I'm Lightening McQueen!!!! Lightening McQueen wins the race!!!" It's hilarious.
- Our expectations (of others) cause problems. We need to be quiet and let him/her (our husbands, friends, etc.) hear the Holy Spirit.
- If I'm going to love others as I should, I must worship God as three things: Creator, Sovereign, and Savior. Too often we're too casual about our own sin and too impassioned about others' sin.
- The key text was Ephesians 4.
We must learn to yield:
- Change is healthy: Paul encourages believers to walk worthy of our high calling--humble, tolerant, and gentle...I must diligently work to have peace in my relationships.
- The Trinity should be our example for relationships: unity, humble, working together
- Relationships takes us beyond our normal strengths!
We must learn to stop:
- We are commanded to no longer walk as an unbeliever. As Kris said: Paul doesn't tell us to pray about, to have a group study about it...he simply tells us to STOP IT!
- I am on assignment by God to bless those He has put in my path.
- Ask yourself every day "Am I enjoying God?"
- Be a good listener (duh!)
- Slow down and evaluate your relationships.
- STOP the sinful behaviors. Kris said we all have our "pet" sins. We must STOP those and replace those behaviors with something else. We give the devil a foothold with those "little" sins and that is a dangerous thing to do!
- Eph. 4:29 (go read it!)...she gave this illustrations--a dad gave his two children a tube of toothpaste and 2 paper plates and then left the room. He came back later and, of course, they had all the toothpaste squeezed out. So the dad told them "Okay, now put it all back in the tube." Of course, that is impossible. He said that toothpaste is just like our words. You can never "put them back"--ever.
- Not forgiving others shows that I don't understand what I've been forgiven. Jesus allowed himself to be tortured FOR ME...to save ME.
If I forgive, I promise to:
- Not bring up this sin and use it as leverage.
- Not repeat their sins to others and then sin, myself, by slandering.
- Not dwell on the sin.
- Forgiveness is an event and a process...you can't just "forgive and forget". But I need to hate my sin as much as God does.
- Forgiveness is NOT peace at all costs.
- There's a difference between an apology and asking for forgiveness. An apology implies that it was a mistake. (I've been working on this with Anna.)
What a growing weekend it was! She had quiet time questions to work through and those were challenging as well. I would highly encourage you to look at Kris' website and pick a Bible study to do (either on your own or with a group--she has CDs and DVDs with them) or even get her to speak at your next women's event at your church. God has used her in mighty ways and she is a humble, willing servant.
Riding her 'horse'--she was insistent that her baby came outside with her and rode along. :)
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
I wanted to test out the new video feature on my camera...I've never done a video on here before...:)
This is my precious daughter being SILLY in the tub (I have no idea what she's talking about--hot dog game?? She was just pouring water on the ledge, but what an imagination she has!! I love it!)
Don't forget to pause the blog music before you play the video!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
And is my site counter right?? It says over 5,000 (at least it did in my preview mode). What in the world is that all about?!
That verse from Psalm that is in my header--it's on a stained glass thing that Aaron's mom gave me after Anna was born. She found it while I was in labor with Anna and thought the verse was very appropriate for what I was going through (3 days of labor!). I guess over the last 3 1/2 years, it's kind of just become part of my kitchen window. I mean, I see it but I don't read the verse or think about it, ya know? But when I was editing that picture of the flowers, I saw that in the corner and realized what an awesome verse that is. How wonderful is it that I have a God who asks me to cast my burdens on Him??? And He promises to sustain me through my trials--whether great or small! What an awesome God I serve.
Okay, Jacob is screaming again:( Guess I better go see what the matter is...poor baby. He's usually such a great sleeper.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
But, when he wakes up like this...it makes the day a little better.
I spoke too soon. Anna just puked all over the house. I wasn't fast enough with a trash can or to get her to the bathroom. So she's in the tub and Jacob is still in his crib--eating a roll of paper towels. Seriously. I can't let him out b/c I've got carpet cleaner sprayed all over the carpets. And he was starting to scream about being left alone...what's a girl to do?!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Her hair is so long, Christy had her stand up so she could trim it. Anna was so good. She wanted me to get my hair cut first. She just sat there and talked to anybody that would listen (she's definitely coming out of her shell!!) and watched what was going on with me.
He still messes with the desktop, but he does like playing with his new "laptop". Mostly he just turns it off and on (pretty much what he does to the desktop!)
The other evening, both kids wanted to help me fix supper. Jacob can now climb up onto the chairs by himself, so we have to keep them pushed in--otherwise he's on top of the table in a flash, right Aunt Cara?! He's fast. He started out just stirring...
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Uncle Jamie & Aunt Cassie got her this really cute baking in a box thing. It's got a book about a girl and her perfect birthday cupcake, a whole bunch of kid-type recipes (though not super easy ones!), and some really sweet pink measuring spoons. She begged from the time she opened it to bake something! So last week, she picked out the cupcake recipe to make. We went to the store and got some things. Came back and made the cupcakes. The recipe said "Makes 6 giant cupcakes"...evidently that is equivalent to THREE DOZEN regular cupcakes!!!!!!! Oh my goodness. We frosted cupcakes forEVER! It was all from scratch, too. Frosting and all. They were pretty good considering a 3yr. old "made" them! :) We had to invite Kim and her kids over to help us eat some (and then she forgot to take a couple plates of them home!! Sorry, Kim!) So I had to take her picture with her prized cupcakes. She had a hard time smiling normally (this, she inherits from her father! He has such a hard time giving a normal, relaxed smile in pictures sometimes!!)
Anna, just smile normal...smile pretty!
Aaron wasn't sick. I guess that was the "hair washing bowl" for Anna's baby. Aaron had no recollection of her falling asleep (probably b/c he fell asleep long before she did!), but this is how I found them. Melted my heart:)
Even holding hands. She is such a sweet, sweet girl. I love her!!!